Skip to main content

Leicester eight points clear after 4-0 demolition of Swansea

Ulloa

Claudio Ranieri's side were without their top scorer Jamie Vardy after his dismissal in last week's draw with West Ham United, but Riyad Mahrez's early opener, a brace from Ulloa either side of half-time and a late Marc Albrighton strike ensured they got back to winning ways and piled the pressure on Tottenham Hotspur once more.
Mahrez is hot favourite to be named PFA Player of the Year later on Sunday, and it was the Algerian's 17th BPL goal of the season that set Leicester on their way, as he capitalised on an error from Ashley Williams to open the scoring after 10 minutes.


Ulloa - who was forced off late on with a knock to the back - then powered Danny Drinkwater's free-kick past the helpless Lukasz Fabianski on the half-hour mark, and the Argentinian's second 15 minutes after the restart sent the King Power Stadium into raptures before substitute Albrighton rifled in a fourth late on.
Victory puts Leicester eight points clear of second-placed Spurs, who can again cut the gap to five by beating West Bromwich Albion at home on Monday.
Should Spurs drop points, though, Leicester would seal a remarkable maiden top-flight title by winning at the home of 20-time champions Manchester United next Sunday.

Ranieri celebrating 
Swansea's confident start was undone by a misplaced pass from their usually dependable captain.
Williams gifted the ball to Mahrez around 20 yards out, and Leicester's dangerman advanced into the area before dipping inside onto his favoured left foot and coolly placing a shot beyond Fabianski at his near post.
That settled any early nerves at the King Power and the hosts' advantage was doubled in the 30th minute.
While Ulloa may not boast the pace and dynamism of Vardy, his aerial prowess was there for all to see when he climbed highest to head Drinkwater's excellent delivery home.
Swansea might have responded immediately, but Federico Fernandez failed where Ulloa succeeded as he nodded Gylfi Sigurdsson's set-piece over from close range.
Leicester, roared on by the home fans, set about putting the match completely beyond doubt in the second half - and it was Ulloa who did just that on the hour.
Jeffrey Schlupp charged down the left and eventually found the right pass to Ulloa, who slid in at the back post to convert from no more than two yards.

Leicester fan
The Foxes were rampant now and Schlupp, Shinji Okazaki and Andy King - on for Ulloa - went close to adding a fourth, before Albrighton did so in the 85th minute by lashing home after a scramble in the Swansea area to put Leicester within touching distance of history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Habits You Need to Stop Doing

Stop watching too much TV If you spend too much time watching TV, you are wasting your life away. I feel really strongly about this one. I don’t have cable, and while I do watch some shows on Netflix, it’s few and far between. I only watch TV after I really am relaxed and need a break. I’m also careful not to turn on the TV right when I get home. I find that if I do this, I’m sucked in. This is why I keep my reading list and focus on reading good books instead. So, start to pay attention to how much TV you’re watching. If you think it’s too much, cut back. Limit your TV intake to 30 minutes to 1 hour per day, if possible. Stop talking about people behind their backs Talking about someone behind her back is a bad idea for a number of reasons. First, if someone is talking to you behind someone else’s back, you can bet on it that they also will talk about you. Second, did you know that when you talk about someone negatively, the person who you’re talking to will associate yo

John Deere Tractor for sale Asking price 850,000/-

The details are as follows: Make - John Deere (Original from Germany) Reg No: KTCB271G Model - 3130 Configuration: 2WD 97hp Color- Green & Yellow YOM: 1980 Fuel: Diesel Asking 850,000/- Asking price 850,000/- It has brand new front tyres and 70%(new) rear tyres. It is a very powerful Machine and it is an original John Deere in serviceable and working condition. The tractor can serve you in different fields like ploughing and transportation of things like sugarcane etc For more picture kindly check below If interested please give me a call on +254726687369 (Davis) The Tractor is currently stationed in Chemelil,Kisumu County

Boss Discovered My Side Job And Threatened To Fire Me!!

Here is Judy’s Story I have been working for my current boss for close to 3 years now. The job is okay, it’s just that my salary has not been increased during this whole time. I have been struggling to make ends meet and to be honest, I have been surviving on loans from here and there. A few months back, a friend of mine introduced me to a guy who offered me an online job and a salary that is equal to the one that my boss pays me. The job was so flexible, so I quickly agreed to do it. To juggle the two jobs, I have been getting to work very early and then I start with the workload for my ‘actual’ job and then when I am done, I tackle the other job which is so much more flexible and easier. I have really been enjoying this because every end of the month, I get not one, but two pay checks. I have found financial freedom that I never thought was possible. I can even afford to save cash for the future However, I am afraid I messed up and it may cost me my job. I got to work very